Sunday, April 30, 2006

Renunciation motif?

This Slate article deals with YouTube and lip-syncing. On the one hand, YouTube has made it easy for the Blogosphere des Operafanatiken to share performances once relegated to the backwaters of inscrutably obscure European television and PBS pledge-drives. On the other, some of this stuff doesn't deserve to see the light of day. Seriously.

Lip-syncing. What more does someone serious about music have to say? Not bloody much. Most of my music doesn't lend itself to the lip-sync. No, not at all.

Sean Paul's "Temperature" is strangely addictive. Only a stout draught of Fournier's 6 Suiten für Violincello solo can break the perverse hold of this song. Slate - I think, though I could be wrong - called the Black Eyed Peas' "My Humps" a truly evil song. I agree, but "Temperature" is just as evil because it shuts down my temporal lobe. I am very fond of my temporal lobe when it functions according to specs.

I feel like buying some Lacoste (collar popped, of course), Abercrombie, and Pumas.

Libera me, Domine. Libera me.